My farm is not only about Zebra finches, I have an unquenchable interest in Society Finches, Java Sparrows, Diamond Doves and Button Quail. I have also imported Zebras, Societies, Diamonds and Button Quail from abroad. In fact, all of the mutations of Buttons available in North America can be attributed to an importation I made from England in 1991 (that's right, every single one!). In Society Finches, I have quite a collection of unusual color varieties, many of which are quite rare in the US. The Java Rice Finches have been part of my avicultural interest since the late 1960's, and I am breeding all of the varieties available in the US. Feel free to ask me any questions about bird keeping by e-mail or phone I have a large collection of Exotic Doves. Doves have always held a special place in my collection, since I first began keeping them so many years ago. I never thought back then that I would be breeding some of the species that I have today. The Bleeding Heart doves are among my favorites, and a milestone occurred on March 26, 1998 the very first Bleeding Heart Dove I bought in 1973, died. He was over 27 years old and a very special bird to me. Regrettably, My friend Chuck Begnaud of Lafayette, who went with me to get this bird and the person who sold me the bird, Eddie Zahn of San Antonio Texas, both passed away before this bird did. What a legacy, simply awesome!
As you visit my web page, you will get to see all of the birds that I keep and how I breed them. Feel free to ask me any questions about bird keeping by e-mail or telephone. if I'm not available just leave a message with the telephone answering service and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I would appreciate comments and suggestions you might have on my web page and improving it. Thanks
Garrie P. Landry
- Zebra Finches Most who know me would agree, I have the largest selection of Zebra Finches in the US!
- Zebras today don't look like Zebras did yesterday. Check out The most awesome of all Zebra Finches!
- Literature on Zebra Finches ( check it out! for a near complete list of books and papers on Zebras)
- Also visit Franks site of Frequently Asked Questions, its intertactive and awesome!!
- Explanation of Sex-Linked Inheritance in Zebras (applies to all birds, i.e. Gouldians, Cockatiels, etc.)
- Explanation of Recessive Inheritance in Zebras (applies to all birds, i.e. Gouldians, Cockatiels, etc.)
- Society Finches, WWW.SocietyFinch.com We specialize in these also, and have over 20 different color varieties of Society Finches! Some really super attractive selfs and rare varieties, With more on the way!
- New!! Photos of Rare Bengalese mutations being bred by Jim Warburton in the UK!
- Java Rice Birds These finches have been part of my collection since 1973!
- Exotic Finches that I breed. (Check it out, still not finished but go see it anyway!)
- Finches & Finch Eggs for Research (Quality Grey Zebras and infertile eggs)
- NEST BOXES several different styles for all the birds I keep and raise.
- Mystery Finch, Test your knowledge of finches! See if you can identify this finch. Please let me know your answer! What, you can't guess and you want to know? Well, here is the answer!
Quail, Doves and Other Game Birds
- Button Quail (Chinese Painted Quail) A real speciality of the farm for 28 years!
- Hemipodes (True Button Quail) These rare little birds aren't even true quail, they are rail relatives!
- Diamond Doves Another one of my specialities is the Diamond dove, I have an extensive selection!
- Exotic Doves I have a large selection of exotic doves suitable for mixed aviaries.
- Partridges and other small gamebirds suitable for the aviary (delayed construction, please check again)
- Currasows, Guans and Junglefowl, a few large gamebirds that I have (delayed construction) Look at this picture!
- My Passenger Pigeon - Newest addition to my bird collection!
- For Pheasants (Ringneck, many color varieties!, plust Golden, Amerherst, Silver and more, Contact. Ron Kerl, he and his wife are tops! and maintain a large breeding farm of pheasant species)
- Hickory Ridge Farms
N 330 14th Rd.
Parddeeville, WI 53954
Tour the bird farm!
Tour the Bird Farm see the main Aviary Building with flight cages and the cage breeding facility. Meet Kris Foster, Channing Charpentier the farms employees! They are the work force that keeps the farm running smoothly!
Visit my Tropical Garden and Franklin, my home town!
- Tour my Tropical Garden,. if you like exotic plants, take a quick walk and see where I go to escape the birds.
- See Historic Franklin, Louisiana , the Live Oaks, Plantation homes and lots more!
- Hanson House a bed and breakfast in Franklin. A beautiful place to stay!
Books on Finches Doves & Quail for sale here!
- My Zebra Finch Book! Varieties and Genetics of the Zebra Finch It's the only one of its kind!
- My Quail Book! The Care, Breeding & Genetics of The Button Quail!
- First and Only Diamond Dove Book by Jeff Downing
- Out of Print Bird Books ( a collection of hard to find great bird books)
- Bamboo Perches for all Cage Birds
Need Info on how to purchase birds or supplies? Check out FAQs about Shipping Click here for general Shipping and Ordering Information
Medication and other Supplies for Sale, Plus other sources!
- Go to My Recommended Medications for Cage Birds!
- Go to Supplies: Finch Nesting Material and Leg Bands Plus my favorite places to by hard to get bird supplies!
- Try Country Boy Cages, For all your cage building needs and custom made bird cages located here in Louisiana. Great prices! I know them personally!
This page has been visitedtimes.